Did you know that by simply forgiving yourself you can heal?
I know, seems pretty simple.
But think about it. We carry our problems with us sometimes without even realizing it. These problems can show themselves in weird ways.
Like eating a entire bag of potato chips after a bad day. Or drinking until you are barely functioning. We have a lot of different ways to cope with things that have gone wrong.
Do you know what the best way to deal with things going wrong? Forgiveness.
Forgive the slow driver on your way home from work. He might be a new driver or a new parent trying to set a good example for his kid.
Forgive yourself when you pig out when your on a diet. We have to make those mistakes to teach ourselves how to stick to our goals.
Forgive the mistake you made at work that turned your day into a crazy mess. You are only human and mistakes are a part of life.
Whatever happened that day just let it go. Take a deep breath and allow the healing to begin because if you have never healed from your problem then you can never truly stop the bad behavior.
Take care of yourself first! Then you can help someone else learn to forgive themselves.
Forgiving is not easy, even for the most enlightened among us. If you’ve been allowing your present health to be controlled by past hurts, I urge you to commit to forgiving. These steps can help:
- Talk to sympathetic friends and family about your desire to forgive. Chatting with others is tremendously comforting.
- Write a letter to the person you’d like to forgive. You can decide whether or not you send it.
- See the situation from the other person’s perspective—your own perspective may change.
- Don’t forget to forgive yourself. Sometimes we can be harshest with ourselves.
- Understand that you are responsible for your own attitude. Don’t let holding a grudge keep you from feeling free, open, and powerful in your own life.
Forgive and watch how much easier your life becomes.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you ready to live your healthiest life yet? Want to change your relationship to eating? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about!
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned about more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.
Learn more about me and my unique approach to health coaching. Or sign up for my monthly newsletter for more health related information!